We are advocates, of cerebral palsy, clubfoot and disabilities in children
Even with the little we have; we do our best to provide these because we believe that every child deserves to live a life of no limitation
Watch the highlights from our Special Children's Day event in 2019.
We aim for a world where deformities, disabilities and challenges do not limit any child from attaining his/her God-given potentials. We hope to achieve this through improved knowledge, advocacy and training for children, particularly those living with perceived limitations including childhood disabilities like Cerebral Palsy, deformities like Clubfoot and other challenges whether physical, mental or social.
Every child can aspire towards the life beyond limits
Welcome to the Straight Child Foundation. We are a Non-Governmental Organisation with a passion and vision for creating an enabling environment, and tools for children with physical and developmental challenges to reach their utmost potentials, and have as much an independent life as possible. Our focus is on Cerebral Palsy and Clubfoot, and holistic outreaches to children.
We seek to make a difference in the lives of these children through our activities which include:
* Raising awareness in the society concerning the issues the children are burdened with.
* Advocacy on behalf of these children
* Educating parents of the children's needs and care. We also have formed support groups for the parents.
* Creation of Clubfoot clinics in six states of Nigeria, where Clubfoot care is done free of charge, using Ponseti methods. This we achieved with the support of MiracleFeet International.
We are based in Umuahia, Southeastern Nigeria. Our team consists of health care workers and volunteers from different works of life. Our satisfaction is the joy and relief in the faces of the parents and children we come in contact with.
Partner with us, to spread the joy.
- Dr Uchenna Oluwatosin, PT
Your donation will help us save and improve lives with research, education and emergency care.
Seasons Greetings from us to you! Coming out of […]
Written By Miss Favour Egwumba. The most common interpretation […]